Monday, April 16, 2012

Our First Sunday


2/26/12

Today was our first day at church in the branch. It could have been any church meeting in the states. I'm grateful that this world-wide church is administrated the same everywhere. The pianist only played the right hand and the Branch President had to lead the singing and teach the Sunday School and Preisthood lessons. The talks were on developing talents and furthering education. The main difference I could see was that they didn't use the scriptures at all. It might have been the subject matter or lack of resources. Our iPad came in handy during the Sunday School lesson, as I could read it in English as the teacher gave the lesson and Elder Peterson interpreted for us. In Relief Society, a Sister we had met in the English class, interpreted for me. A cute thing happened before class started. All the women were visiting, (it sounded just like home,) and then one woman turned to me and said that I would have to learn Hungarian fast. She wanted me to be included in the visiting. I wonder if that will happen for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment