Saturday, April 21, 2012

Laundry

3/10/12
Great laundry product!
The front-loading washer I have is German. So since I haven't ever used a front-loader, and don't recognize any of the German words, I have no idea how to use it. One load, I thought I did the same as the rest; but the front of one pair of pants, (only the front) ended up with blue spots, about the size of a fingernail, all over them. I tried bleach and it did nothing. Then at the store, I found a little box called, "Dr. Beckmann", which showed half of a shirt with red over-dye, and half without. I soaked the pants in it and it took out all the blue spots and the grey ring that has been there forever, right around the hem, where the pants sometimes touch the ground. The product is made in Germany, but I hope they have it in the states! Now, if I could just get this washer to spin the clothes better. We have to ring them out in the tub before we can hang them to dry. Did the fabric softener cause the dots?
We have two drying racks . One doubles as a shower curtain line. It raises and lowers by the twine on the wall. The other is much nicer than the old wooden drying rack that I used before I got a dryer when I was young.

No comments:

Post a Comment