Sunday, April 22, 2012

Easter

Easter 4/8/12


The words from one of my favorite hymns expresses my feelings about the Savior:
"I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me." I am so thankful that He loved all of us enough to come to earth and teach us by word and example how to love and serve our fellowmen. By doing that, and keeping His commandments, we can show our love for Him. If we all followed His example, we would be living in 'heaven on earth'. I am thankful that He was wiling to endure the agony of the Atonement, by taking on the grief, illnesses and sins of each of us individually, and the world collectively; so that we can be comforted, have the burden of guilt lifted from us and cleansed in this life, and live with Him again some day. I am thankful for the resurrection, that the chains of death have been broken and we will all live again after this life. Christ is the light and life of the world, and I love Him and His gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment